I don’t know of a pasta dish that this family doesn’t like! So this one was a winner❤️. I looked in 6 stores before I found the shells, and they were not the jumbo shells I wanted. These were about 2 1/2 inches, but they worked. I’m told there is a ‘shortage’ of pasta? Who knew!!! Give my recipe a try and I’m sure you will agree that it is simple but delicious. Serve it with some garlic bread, a salad, veggie, or whatever you choose.
Stuffed Shells…Meat & Cheese
1 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 lb. Italian Sausage
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup (8 oz) mozzarella cheese cut into small chunks
1/3 cup chopped onion or 2 Tbsp. Minced dried onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp dried parsley (or fresh)
1/2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp milk
1 pound pasta shells
Large jar pasta sauce
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Cook shells in boiling water ( I added some salt) and boil for 7 minutes.
2. Drain & place in ice water until cool enough to handle, then drain on paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
3. Mix the meats, bread crumbs, cheeses, milk, eggs & spices together.
4. Form into meatballs that will fit into the partially cooked shells.
5. Spray a baking dish & cover bottom with pasta sauce.
7. Fill each shell and place side by side on the pasta sauce in your baking dish.
8. When dish is filled pour sauce over the top of them.
9.Spread Parmesan cheese over all & then mozzarella cheese.
10.Bake, covered with foil, at 350 for 60-70 minutes.