I think most cooks enjoy finding an easy casserole that will be a winner with their family & friends! And this one will surely do that! It can be made ahead & frozen to bake at a later time.
This one was especially easy with using boneless skinless chicken breast I had cooked in my instant pot! In no time at all I had the casserole ready to pop in the oven . I trust you will try it and enjoy it as much as we do!
Chicken & Rice Casserole
2 cups boiling water
2 cups instant white rice (or rice you like)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
8 oz, (1 cup) Sour Cream
1 & 1/2 Tbsp dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1 tsp. Black pepper
1/2 cup cooked crumbled Bacon
3/4 cup Chicken Broth
3 cups cubed or shredded Chicken
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 & 1/2 cups Crushed seasoned croutons or crackers
1/2 cup Butter, melted
1. Spray a 9x 13 inch baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring water to a boil & add Instant rice. Remove from heat & cover for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
3. In a large bowl combine chicken, undiluted soup, sour cream, cheese, chicken, broth, pepper, ranch dressing mix, & crumbled bacon.
4. Add rice when it is cooked & combine it all together.
5. Spread into sprayed pan. Sprinkle with crushed croutons or crackers
6. Drizzle with melted butter
7. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes
Note: this can be made & frozen to cook later.