Since we try to watch our carbs and fats, my hubby wanted me to try to make Peanut Butter Pie as sugarfree and fat free as possible. And this is the recipe I came up with! It’s easy to make and super delicious.
Don’t be afraid to try it. If making a crust is not your thing, then go buy one. Even a graham cracker crust would work. When I make a pie crust I usually make 2 or more & freeze them to use later. The crust I used for this pie had previously been made & baked & frozen.
Peanut Butter Cream Pie (skinny version)
1 pie crust – 9 inch, baked & cooled
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1oz box (small box)Sugarfree Instant vanilla pudding mix or 1 3.4oz regular Instant Vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 & 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
1 cup cool whip (I used ‘lite’)
2 cups or 1 8oz container cool whip
1. Bake pie crust and let it cool
2. Using a small food processor or mixer, add powdered sugar & 1/4 cup peanut butter. Mix until small peanut butter crumbles come together.
3. Add half of the peanut butter crumbles to the bottom of the pie shell.
4. With a mixer, mix together the dry vanilla pudding mix, peanut butter and milk, until smooth.
5. Fold in 1 cup of cool whip until well blended.
6. Pour into pie shell on top of the peanut butter crumbles.
7. Let it chill in refrigerator for about an hour
8. Top with 2 cups cool whip and sprinkle remaining peanut butter crumbles over the top.
9. Chill until ready to serve!