I guess I started making breakfast casseroles and quiche when I was homeschooling my boys. I could make it ahead and bake it the next morning. And they enjoyed it too.
I still make them for my husband & I and have tried many different variations. This size pan will last us several days, and we just reheat a piece in the microwave. We have been known to cut a piece to eat as a snack before bed.
You can use any kind of meat or cheese. I actually made one I called ‘Meat lovers Casserole.’ I used ham chunks, cooked sausage and bacon bits. Sometimes I take a leftover baked potato and put some small chunks of that in. And use whatever kind of cheese you like.
Crescent Breakfast Casserole
1 tube of Crescent Rolls
1 pound cooked crumbled sausage
1 1/2-2 cups shredded cheese
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
Onion & garlic powder to taste
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1. Spray a 9×13 inch pan. Preheat oven to 375
2. Place crescent roll dough in bottom of baking dish and spread to cover the bottom of the dish. Pinch the perforated areas together.
3. Spread with cooked sausage
4. Spread cheese on top of sausage
5. Mix milk, beaten eggs, salt, pepper, & onion & garlic powder.
6. Pour egg/milk mixture over all.
7. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.