Since I am not a seafood lover, I don’t very often cook seafood recipes. But, my husband loves Alfredo and he loves shrimp. So this is an easy recipe, and I can pick out the shrimp!
He says this Shrimp Alfredo is ‘the best’! And, I did taste one shrimp, and it wasn’t as bad as I anticipated. When he had eaten all of the shrimp out of the Alfredo & noodles, I added some cooked cubed chicken. Now, that was delicious 👍
Please don’t judge me, but my system does not do well with seafood, thus my dislike. I have tried clams, crab, oysters, lobster & now shrimp. And when I have eaten any of those I developed stomach issues. So it’s easier to just stay away from seafood!
I hope you will enjoy this simple recipe and just remember that if shrimp is not your like, you can always substitute some cooked cubed chicken!
12-14 oz. Fettuccine pasta
1 pound shrimp (I used frozen, peeled, deveined),thawed & rinsed
1/2 cup butter
2-3 Tbsp. Minced garlic
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream or half & half (I used 1 cup of each)
1/2 tsp. Black pepper
3 cups shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook fettuccine pasta in 2 quarts boiling water
2. Boil slowly for 9 minutes
3. Drain but do not rinse
4. Melt butter in frying pan
5. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant
6. Add thawed & rinsed shrimp. Cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
7. Remove shrimp to a dish
8. Add half & half/heavy whipping cream to butter & garlic in frying pan.
9. Bring half & half/heavy whipping cream to a boil
10. Whisk in Parmesan cheese
11. Add fettuccine pasta and shrimp to sauce and stir well.
12. Serve & enjoy!