Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. That being said, I usually end up eating around ‘brunch’ time. For some reason, eating first thing in the morning doesn’t sit well with my system.
So, I try to have some kind of a breakfast casserole or quiche on hand. It can be cut and warmed in the microwave in just a few minutes. And we love a good hearty quiche.
This one is so good that we had to have a piece of it almost as soon as it came out of the oven. I hope you’ll give it a try. I believe you’ll agree that this one is packed full of goodness 👍
Potato & Bacon Quiche
1 refrigerated pie crust (I made one)
2-3 Tbsp. Olive oil (or one you like)
2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 large eggs
1/2 Tbsp. Parsley flakes (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 1/2 cup half & half
1 cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar (or your choice)
6 slices cooked crumbled bacon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Bake pie crust with pie weights (or watch video to see how I do it) for 10 minutes
3. Remove weights and bake for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven
4. Set oven to 350 degrees
5. Add olive oil to frying pan and cook hash brown cubes, chopped onion, & salt & pepper to taste, until potatoes are slightly browned and onion is translucent. Remove from heat
6. Spread 1/2 of potatoes/onion over bottom of pie crust
7. Spread 1/2 of Swiss & cheddar cheeses over potatoes.
8. Spread 1/2 of bacon pieces on top of cheeses
9. Repeat layers
10. Whisk eggs, half & half, parsley flakes, salt & pepper together
11. Pour egg mixture over layers in pie crust.
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 46/50 minutes
13. Cool & serve
14. NOTE: this can be made ahead & cooked later, or cooked and reheated one piece at a time in microwave.