It seems like every time we are going away, I have dead-ripe bananas that need used. Sometimes I slice & freeze them for smoothies. But today I decided to make a banana cake.
I would have just made banana bread, but my husband said he would like a banana cake for a change. So that’s what I made.
Our house smells wonderful from this cake baking❤️. And it turned out to be a very delicious and moist cake. We opted for just some store bought cream cheese icing, and that was, literally, the ‘icing on the cake!’ We kept it refrigerated and really enjoyed it cold. I hope you’ll be inspired to make one, and use up those super ripe bananas that are hanging around the kitchen👍
Quick Banana Cake
1 box yellow cake mix (I used sugar free)
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Baking soda
Pinch of ground cloves
3 very ripe bananas mashed
Water, oil & eggs as listed on box mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking pan
2. Place cake mix in mixing bowl and add all other dry ingredients. Whisk together
3. Add water, eggs & oil (whatever amount cake mix calls for) and whisk or stir until well combined & smooth
4. Mash bananas and stir into cake mix
5. Add chopped nuts if desired (optional)
6. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
7. Cool on wire rack
8. Frost as desired.