When it’s warm outside, actually it’s been HOT, no one wants a big meal. So, I experimented and hit on a good recipe that I’ll repeat!
It actually was fun to make, and only took a few ingredients. I had everything I needed on hand. I could have made my own dough, but the tube of pizza dough worked perfect and was quick.
My husband was happy there were leftovers and used the air fryer to warm some up for himself the next day.
Ham & Cheese Braid
1 tube of pizza crust dough
Honey mustard, or mustard of you choice
Deli ham slices, approximately 8 slices
6-7 slices Swiss cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Spray a sheet pan or long cookie sheet
3. Roll dough into a rectangle on counter top
4. Add honey mustard down the middle
5. Fold ham slices in 1/2 & place dow the center of the dough
6. Lay Swiss cheese slices on top of ham
7. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of Swiss cheese slices
8. Cut dough into an even number of strips on each side of meat & cheese
9. Turn ends up onto meat & cheese
10. Put strips of dough over the meat & cheese, alternating from either side
11. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
12. Remove from oven & brush with butter
13. Sprinkle with garlic powder, optional