This was a pretty regular meal in our home when I was growing up. Mom had a really big iron skillet and she would fill it full. Oh how we loved fried potatoes!
As a wife and mother I have made fried potatoes several times, but not quite as often as Mom did. Today we are more conscious of fats & carbs, but every once and awhile we get hungry for fried potatoes 👍
Old-Fashioned Fried Potatoes
4 Tbsp bacon drippings or olive oil
3 (or desired amount) potatoes, sliced thinly
1 small onion sliced
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
3 Tbsp bacon bits(optional)
1. Heat olive oil or bacon drippings in heavy skillet
2. Slice potatoes (I left skins on) fairly thin and place in heated oil.
3. Stir frequently to prevent burning
4. Before completely done, add sliced onion, separating into rings, and stir well
5. Add bacon bits if desired (optional) and garlic powder, salt and pepper
6. When potatoes are browned and onion is done, remove from heat and place in serving bowl.