I think most of us like simple recipes we th few ingredients. At least I know I do, unless it for a special occasion and we want to go ‘the extra mile’!
This is the easiest meatloaf I have ever made, and only takes a few ingredients. So, for a quick evening or weekend meal, try my ‘Easy Peasy Meatloaf’.
Easy Peasy Meatloaf
2 pound lean ground beef
1 box stuffing mix
1 cup hot water (don’t add extra or meatloaf will fall apart)
1 cup ketchup
1 tsp. Mustard
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp onion powder (or 2 Tbsp. minced fresh or dry onion)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Mix hot water with dry stuffing mix. Stir & let sit to absorb moisture (5 min)
2. Make sauce & set aside
3. To the ground beef add, 2 eggs, stuffing mix, and 1/2 of the sauce
4. Mix well (I use my stand mixer)
5. Place meat mixture in a greased/sprayed loaf pan
6. Top with 1/2 of the remaining sauce
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
8. Remove from oven and spread remaining sauce on top. Place back in oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. (Thickest part should be 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.)
9. Let it sit, in the pan, for 5-10 minutes.
10. Remove from pan and slice.
11. Note: feel free to add any extra ingredients you like in your meatloaf!