I wish I knew how my mother made her potato salad! It was THE best. This is not something I make very often. But today I wanted to make my version of ‘Bacon Ranch Potato Salad’. I hope I can remember all the ingredients and process.
Please note: it turned out perfect & my hubby loved it!
Deb’s Potato Salad 3
(I made 1/2 of this recipe)
6 cups cubed potatoes (I didn’t peel mine)
3-5 boiled eggs, chopped or cut up
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. Mustard
1-1/4 cup sour cream
6-8 slices cooked cut up bacon
1 pkg dry Ranch Salad dressing (or 3 Tbsp homemade Ranch dressing (see earlier post)
1 cup Shredded cheese of your choice (I used Cheddar)
2-3 Tbsp chopped onion
1/4 tsp salt & pepper (taste before adding anymore)
1. In a pan, Cover cubed potatoes with water & 1/2 tsp salt & bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat & cook for 12-15 minutes, or until cubes are fork tender (adjust time according to size of potato cubes)
3. Drain potatoes well.
4. Boil eggs (however you like to do yours) I used the 5-5-5 method in my Instant Pot
5. Make the dressing: mix all the rest of the ingredients together, but reserve a couple Tbsp of bacon for garnish, if desired.
6. Place drained potatoes in large bowl.
7. Chop or cut up boiled eggs and add to potatoes.
8. Stir dressing into potatoes until we’ll blended.
9. Garnish the top with bacon & shredded cheese. I also added some parsley for color.
10. Chill salad before serving (unless you like your warm)