It has been my goal to cann several kinds of meat. So far I have done chicken and this pork. I hope to eventually do some beef.
I always worry that if we ever lost power, for an extended period of time, I could stand to lose all of the food I have in my freezer! So I’m trying to can some.￼
Pressure canning is not a difficult as you may think, and really doesn’t take that long to do. So I hope you’ll give it a try sometime!
Complete step-by-step video can be seen on Facebook or YouTube ‘Delicious by Debbie’.
Pressure Canning Pork
Desired amount of pork you want to can
Herbs or spices (optional)
Jars, lids, rings
1. Wash jars thoroughly ( I use the dishwasher)
2. Remove what fat you wish to remove
3. Cut pork into chunks (I used pork loins)
4. Add meat to jars and press it in, leaving 1 inch headspace
5. Wipe the rim of the jars
6. Place lids on jars
7. Put rings on jars but don’t put them on real tight
8. Place jars in canner & add 2 quarts of water (follow the directions for your canner)
9. Pressure can at 10 pounds pressure for 75 minutes
10. When pressure has gone down in canner (follow the directions for your canner) open lid carefully (open it away from you to prevent burning yourself)
11. Using a jar lifter, remove jars carefully and put them in a safe place to cool & seal.