I usually make spaghetti with meatballs, but my mom made it with hamburger. So I got hungry and tried to make homemade t just like she did. But she didn’t have an Instant Pot, which makes it really quick.
Of course, you need a good Italian Bread to go with spaghetti, so I made some to go with this meal. It’s a recipe I’ve already shared.
Instant Pot Hamburger Spaghetti
1 pound of ground beef
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
1 tsp. Onion powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
2 cups water, divided
1 (24 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce (3cups)
8 oz. Dry spaghetti, broken in half
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Set Instant Pot to Sauté and add 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
2. When heated, add ground beef and break up big pieces as it cooks
3. Add garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and stir well.
4. Turn off Sauté button
5. When hamburger is cooked add 1 cup water
6. Scrap bottom of pot to remove any stuck on pieces of meat
7. Add spaghetti sauce & stir..this is the last time you will stir it.
8. Place broken spaghetti across top of sauce.
9. Pour remaining cup of water over spaghetti and push any pieces sticking up down into the water
10. Apply lid of Instant Pot and set to sealing.
11. Set for 8 minutes (it will take several minutes to get up to pressure)
12. When finished, do a quick release
13. Remove lid & stop r spaghetti. It will seem runny but will be fine when it sits for a bit
14. Optional: stir in 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese