I have gotten hooked on scones! I never realized how delicious they are and how easy they are to make.
I made my first batch of these Pumpkin Scones and shared them with our office staff. They were so delicious that I made a second batch and they were gone very quickly.
Fall is here, and that calls for some ‘Pumpkin Goodies’. So give these a try and I’m sure you will love them too!🎃🍁🍂
Full video can be found on Delicious by Debbie on Facebook and YouTube!
2 1/2 cups flour (all purpose)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed, or brown sugar substitute (I used Splenda br. Sugar)
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup diced or grated butter, chill after cutting or shredding
1/3 cup Buttermilk
3/4 cup pumpkin purée
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients
2. Add the chilled butter and use a pastry blender to cut evenly into the dry ingredients (you don’t want any chunks bigger than a small pea)
3. Add the wet ingredients: pumpkin, buttermilk and vanilla
4. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to quickly and gently stir, until no dry ingredients can be seen. (YOU MAY NEED TO USE A BIT MORE BUTTERMILK )
5. Place the mixture onto a floured surface and fold the dough over onto itself several times, until it holds together
6. Form it into a ball (it will be a bit sticky)and pat it down into about an 8 inch cylinder.
7. Using a flour dusted knife or bench scraper. Cut into 8 pie shaped wedges
8. Transfer the wedges to a parchment lined baking sheet
9. Place in freezer for 15 minutes
10. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
11. Remove scones from freezer & brush with buttermilk
12. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on top and cooked through
13. Transfer to a wire baking rack to cook
14. Whisk glaze ingredients together and drizzle or brush on scones