I had some homemade soup on the slow cooker and my husband ‘hinted’ that it would be good with some homemade bread. Only problem was, it was too late in the day to make my regular recipe.
So I decided to use my ‘quick’ recipe. It only takes a few ingredients and a short amount of time.
Was it worth the time and effort? Absolutely! I’m t was delicious and made for a great meal. I hope you’ll try it sometime!
Complete video can be seen on ‘Delicious by Debbie’ on Facebook and YouTube.
1 Hour French Bread
1 Tbsp active Yeast (I used Rapid Rise)
1 Tbsp Honey
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
4 cups all purpose flour (if needed use more)
1. In your mixing bowl, combine the warm water (not hot), honey & yeast
2. Let it ‘proof’ for 5 minutes
3. Add salt and 2 cups of flour
4. With the paddle attachment, mix dough until all the flour is mixed in
5. Add 1 1/2 cups more of flour
6. When mixed, if dough is sticky, add 1/2 cup more of flour
7. Scoop dough onto baking stone or sprayed baking sheet
8. Shape into a long loaf
9. Cover with a towel and let it sit for 20 minutes
10. Cut slits in the top of the loaf and bake at 400 degrees for 23-25 minutes.
11. Rub butter on the top to soften it
12. Cut & enjoy