I’ve had negative comments made in the past, when I use instant potatoes. So if you are a cook who only uses fresh potatoes, then this will not interest you.
The title of the recipe tells us it’s a ‘quick’ potato dish. I have leaned on this potato dish so many times when I had unexpected guests. It’s what you call my ‘go to’ dish.
Thank s recipe could be used with fresh potatoes, I’m sure.
Quick Potato Dish
3 cups water
4 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp minced dried onion
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
2 2/3-3 cups Instant Potato Flakes (or 3 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more😎)
1. In a pan bring the water, butter, spices, cream cheese to a boil
2. Remove from heat
3. Add milk, sour cream & blend well
4. Add potato flakes & whisk until thickened
5. Place in sprayed 2 quart casserole dish
6. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
8. Place back in oven until cheese is melted, approximately 10 minutes