As a child we often ate cooked rice with milk, cinnamon & sugar for breakfast. But we were especially delighted when Mom made rice pudding! She always put raisins in it and we ate it with brown sugar, cinnamon and milk.
Having an instant Pot makes many recipes so much quicker, this one included. So I tried my hand at making my rice pudding in my instant pot and it
The video of the recipe can be seen on Delicious by Debbie on Facebook and YouTube.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding
4 cups milk (I used 1/2 milk & 1/2 cream)
1 cup Arborio rice ( you don’t have to use this type of rice but it cooks up real creamy)
1/2 cup sugar or equivalent of sweetener
1 tsp Vanilla Seasoning
1 cinnamon stick
1/2-3/4 cup raisins (optional)
2 Tbsp butter
1. Wash rice & drain it
2. Place washed, drained rice in instant pot
3. Add sugar, milk, cinnamon stick, vanilla & raisins.
4. Set instant pot to ‘sealing’ and set for 15 minutes.
5. When time is up allow instant pot to do a natural release for 10 minutes
6. After 10 minutes do a quick release until you can take the lid off
7. Remove the cinnamon stick
8. Stir the contents and add the butter & stir until melted & combined with the rice
9. If desired, add ground cinnamon to taste
10. Eat it warm or chill in refrigerator