Are you looking for some easy sandwiches? I know I look for easy but tasty things to make, when I’m busy preparing for Christmas.
This recipe will not disappoint. It can be made ahead, as long as the meat mixture has cooled. Cover with foil & refrigerate. When you’re ready to bake them, brush with melted butter & whatever slices you want.
These would even be good for a New Years snack!
1-1/2 pounds cooked crumbled burger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp minced onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
3 oz Cream Cheese (cut-up)
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard (I used honey mustard)
2 cups shredded cheese or enough slices of cheese to put on the bottom & top of how ever many you make
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder, onion powder, or any spices you like
1. Brown ground beef and crumble as it cooks
2. Drain any grease or liquid in the fry pan (I put mine in a strainer)
3. To the cooked burger add minced onion & garlic, salt & pepper, cream cheese, BBQ sauce, mustard & Worcestershire sauce.
4. Cook and stir until mixed well
5. Slice the tops off the rolls horizontally and set tops aside
6. Put bottoms of rolls in sprayed 9x 13 inch baking pan
7. Place 1 cup shredded cheese or slices of cheese on the bottoms
8. Add beef mixture and spread evenly on the bottom rolls
9. Add remaining cheese slices or 1 cup shredded cheese over all
10. Place tops of rolls back in place
11. Melt butter in microwave and add 1 Tbsp garlic. Stir well
12. Pour butter over rolls or use pastry brush
13. Cover with foil and bake @375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil & bake for an additional 10 minutes, and the rolls are browned.
14. NOTE: you can add pickles, mustard, ketchup, mayo…..whatever you want.