Every Christmas my mom made, what she called, a Swedish Tea Ring. She only made it for this holiday, and I’m not sure why. We all loved it❤️. Especially with a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
It is basically a Cinnamon Roll that you form into a circle and cut, to make the ring. Sometimes she put nuts & raisins in it, and other times just the brown sugar and cinnamon.
You can watch the video on YouTube or Facebook ‘Delicious by Debbie.’ Merry Christmas 🎄🎄
Jiffy Swedish Tea Ring
4-5 cups all purpose flour
1 box Jiffy (9oz) white/yellow cake mix
2 pkg. (1/4 oz each) Quick-Rise Yeast
1 so. Salt
2 cups warm water (120-130 degrees)
2 Tbsp Butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2-2 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1. Place 3 cups flour, cake mix, yeast, salt in a mixing bowl and stir to mix.
2. Add warm water & mix with paddle attachment until we’ll blended
3. Switch to dough hooks & add 1 cup more of flour. Mix until smooth.
4. Add more flour as needed to form a soft dough (I needed a total of 4 1/2 cups flour).
5. Turn out dough onto a floured surface & knead several times.
6. Roll dough into a rectangle approximately 9×18 inches
7. Spread 2 Tbsp soft butter onto dough
8. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and spread on dough
9. Roll dough into a log
10. Form dough into a circle and attack dough from both ends
11. Cut about 1-1 & 1/4 inch rolls, but not cutting clear through
12. Pull each section out and twist, overlapping each other.
13. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
14. Cool on rack
15. Frost with icing/glaze of you choice