I usually make spaghetti with meatballs, but my mom made it with hamburger. So I got hungry and tried to make homemade t just like she did. But she didn’t have an Instant Pot, which makes it really quick.
Of course, you need a good Italian Bread to go with spaghetti, so I made some to go with this meal. It’s a recipe I’ve already shared.
Instant Pot Hamburger Spaghetti
1 pound of ground beef
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
1 tsp. Onion powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
2 cups water, divided
1 (24 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce (3cups)
8 oz. Dry spaghetti, broken in half
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Set Instant Pot to Sauté and add 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
2. When heated, add ground beef and break up big pieces as it cooks
3. Add garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and stir well.
4. Turn off Sauté button
5. When hamburger is cooked add 1 cup water
6. Scrap bottom of pot to remove any stuck on pieces of meat
7. Add spaghetti sauce & stir..this is the last time you will stir it.
8. Place broken spaghetti across top of sauce.
9. Pour remaining cup of water over spaghetti and push any pieces sticking up down into the water
10. Apply lid of Instant Pot and set to sealing.
11. Set for 8 minutes (it will take several minutes to get up to pressure)
12. When finished, do a quick release
13. Remove lid & stop r spaghetti. It will seem runny but will be fine when it sits for a bit
14. Optional: stir in 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
I’m always trying new things for my quiche. This one was a hit! I had leftover ham I had cut into small cubes. And I had a 2 pound chunk of Swiss cheese given to me. So that’s where this brainstorm came from!
I love having a breakfast casserole or quiche on hand, that can be quickly warmed up in the microwave. This one will be one I will repeat.
Please don’t think that all quiche is ‘breakfast food’. This one was a supper meal for us! I hope you’ll try it👍
Complete video can be seen at Delicious by Debbie on YouTube or Facebook.
Ham & Swiss Quiche
(Not just for breakfast!)
2 cups diced ham
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
2 cups half & half
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Spray a large pie dish or quiche dish
2. Spread cubed ham in sprayed dish
3. Spread finely chopped onion on top of ham
4. Spread shredded Swiss cheese over onions & ham, set aside
5. In mixing bowl, whisk eggs, half & half, bisquick mix, garlic, salt & pepper
6. Pour over ham, onion & Swiss cheese
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Note: depending on the size of your pie dish or quiche dish, you may not be able to fit in the last several Tbsp of egg mixture!
I wish I knew how my mother made her potato salad! It was THE best. This is not something I make very often. But today I wanted to make my version of ‘Bacon Ranch Potato Salad’. I hope I can remember all the ingredients and process.
Please note: it turned out perfect & my hubby loved it!