I’ve never made my lasagna into rolls, but I decided to try it. When I make regular lasagna I always worry it will either be too dry or it will be soupy. So making it into rolls is the perfect solution for me.
A good Italian Sausage would be really good for this dish. Since there are just the 2 of us, I divided the 12 lasagna rolls into 2 pans & froze one for later.
This is a ‘make-ahead’ dish if you want it to be. Give it a try!🇮🇹🍝
1 pound ground beef
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Oregano
12 Lasagna Noodles, cooked to Al dente and drained
3 cups marinara sauce (your choice)
1 large egg
15 oz Ricotta Cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
1-1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
1 Tbsp Parsley
1. Cook lasagna noodles in salted for 10-12 minutes
2. Drain noodles
3. Brown ground beef in large skillet
4. Add onion, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper and cook until spices are cooked into the meat
5. Add marinara sauce to meat mixture & stir well. Turn off heat and set aside
6. In a separate bowl mix egg, ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella & parsley
7. Spread a couple spoonfuls if marinara/meat sale in sprayed 9×13 pan
8. Lay noodles on a baking sheet
9. Spread cheese mixture down the middle of each noodle
10. Spread meat mixture on top of cheese layer
11. Roll up each noodle and place in prepared pan
12. Spoon remaining marinara mixture over the lasagna rolls
13. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of rolls.
14. Cover with foil, making sure foil does not touch cheese, and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes
15. Remove foil and broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is golden.
I started helping my mother with canning when I was just a young girl. She canned everything she could get her hands on! Her goal was to have 1000 jars of canned goods on the basement shelves, and she accomplished her goal.
I don’t can nearly as mch as she did, but I enjoy doing some. There is such a feeling of satisfaction to open a jar of food that you canned yourself.
Home Canned Roast Beef
Desired amount of beef you wish to can
1. Prepare pressure canner with putting 2 quarts of water in the bottom. (Follow the guide for your pressure canner)
2. Cut beef into cubes, removing any large pieces of fat.
3. Pack meat into jars
4. Put 1/2 tsp salt into each jar of meat
5. Clean off the top & rim of each jar
6. Place jar lids & then rings on each jar.
7. Place jars in canner & put lid & weight on
8. Can at 10 pounds for pressure for 75 minutes
9. NOTE: the meat will make its own juice as it cooks!