I enjoy a good loaf of homemade bread, and most people do! This recipe was shared with me by my friend ‘Amy’. She and her husband do the cooking for our Church Conference, Youth Convention & Family Camp. She makes all of her breads whether it’s Italian Bread, Dinner Rolls or Sweet Rolls.
My husband fell in love with her Italian Bread, so she shared the recipe with me. It’s an easy bread recipe and worth the time and work involved.
NOTE: I ONLY MADE 1/2 of this recipe and it made 2 nice loaves!! To see video demonstration go to ‘Delicious by Debbie’ on Facebook or YouTube.
Amy’s Italian Bread
(I made 1/2 of this recipe)
3 cups warm water
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Yeast
1/2 cup sugar
8 cups flour
1. Into the warm water add, yeast, olive oil, salt & sugar.
2. Mix & let sit until yeast foams
3. Pour into mixing bowl and add flour slowly
4. You want the dough to be soft but not sticky
5. Place in greased/sprayed bowl, cover with clean cloth & let rise in a warm place until double in size.
6. Place dough onto a floured board ( counter) and knead several times.
7. Divide into 4 equal pieces
8. Roll each piece into a loaf and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
9. Cover & allow to rise until double in size
10. Cut slashes across loaves
11. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. ( mine took about 25 minutes)
12. Optional: After baking, and while still hot, brush with melted butter (I added garlic powder, Parmesan cheese & Italian seasoning to my butter)
13. Last but not least….slice & enjoy❤️