Just the smell of the chocolate and peanut butter being cooked together brought us running. And the fact that we didn’t have to wait for them to bake was a real plus
It’s been years since I’ve made these, but I found my mothers recipe and just had to make some. I wanted a little less sugar so I used 1/2 regular sugar and 1/2 sweetener. You can’t tell that it’s not all sugar. They are sweet and simply delicious 👍
Old Fashioned No Bake Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups sugar (1 used 1/2 sugar & 1/2 sweetener)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1/4 tsp vanilla flavoring
1/2 creamy or crunchy Peanut Butter
3 cups old fashioned Oats (Quick Oats work fine too)
1. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan
2. Add sugar/sweetener and stir well
3. Add cocoa, milk & vanilla. Stir well and continue stirring until it comes to a full boil for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter
5. Stir in oats
6. Spoon or scoop onto wax paper or parchment paper lined pan.
7. Place in refrigerator to chill & set.
8. Makes 24-27 cookies