Candy Cane Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1-1/2 tsp almond extract
1 so Vanilla flavoring
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. Salt
Red food coloring
1. Mix together with a mixer, the shortening, butter, powdered sugar, egg, almond extract & vanilla flavoring, until well incorporated.
2. Mix flour & salt together and mix with wet ingredients.
3. When finished mixing, place 1/2 of the dough in a separate bowl
4. Color the remaining dough in the mixing bowl, with red food coloring
5. Take a tsp of each color of dough and roll each into a 4” rope. Place the two ropes side by side & twist and form a candy cane
6. Place on ungreased baking sheet
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.
8. Remove to a link re rack to cool.